Saturday, November 29, 2008

I tried to resist... Lois Greenfield


(Julie I thought of your dance photos)


(Lilly I thought of you)

Try as I might to subdue my inclination, the human body is my favorite thing to look at. I almost navigated away from this page dismissing it as 'just commercial photography' but then I looked closer...and had to keep looking... and looking. I am quite seduced and have given into a Degas type photographer fantasy fueled by these amazing photos. Shooting at 1/5ooth of a second Greenfield shows us moments our feeble eyes can not perceive. Interestingly, the artist had no formal training but was self taught and stemmed from photojournalism. She found and refined her personal aesthetic over many shoots finally getting her own studio and artistic voice in her shots. www.loisgreenfield.com/

No comments: