Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Faviana Rodriguez

Faviana's lecture really opened my eyes to the ongoing social movements that surround us today. I was interested in how she addressed ways to communicate art and how to get it out in public. Rodriguez places her artwork in the neighborhoods and city that she lives in, and in doing so, exposes more people to art. Rodriguez told us about "arte para todos," which means art for everyone. It interested me to hear about how important it was for Rodriguez to make art accessible to everyone, and not just those with money. I wasn't aware that immigrants were bring depicted so poorly in the art world, and love that Rodriguez is addressing the issue and putting them in a positive light. Overall, I found Rodriguez to be an amazing, powerful speaker. Her work is very media-savvy and graphic, and I loved how direct it was.

No comments: