Saturday, November 29, 2008

Amy Stein

I really liked Amy Stein's "stranded" collection out of the rest of her portfolio. The photos showed people, all sorts of people, being stranded on the road, and it was so interesting. Her statement talked about how the New Orleans Hurricane tragedy and the idea of being stranded inspired her. I loved how she said that the reason for the photographs taking place on the road is because of the interruption of a journey it shows.

I had a hard time grasping her concept of her "domesticated" and "women and guns" collection. I was actually really disturbed by the "women and guns" work because of the photos of the deer. :( However, I did like her "Halloween in Harlem" work which showed children in Harlem all dressed up in costumes for Halloween.

No comments: