Monday, September 29, 2008

120/1hr, 1/1hr

For my first space, I selected a bench in front of Mills Hall. I love the specific hardness and delicacy that is influenced by the changing light and shadows of the early morning sun.I enjoy the invisible nature of this space. We may all walk along streets, parks, in public spaces yet never notice the underbelly of  them, which can be quite beautiful.

For the one hour shot, I played with many possible avenues within my circle. I love the texture of trees, the muddiness of the grass and dirt and the way that the trunk splays. I climbed into the tree, lay on the grass and generally got fantastically muddy and covered in exploring this tree. I picked this angle for the one shot because I liked the way that the wood's bark was coming off in it, the folds and the density of the tree and the burst of green and intertwining moss/mud.  

No comments: