Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ginger Wolfe-Suarez

I went to the Ginger Wolfe-Suarez lecture last night so that I could hear her talk about her artwork. I wanted to get a clear understanding about her artistic process and what her inspirations were; instead, Wolfe-Suarez seemed more interested in reading us some of her articles about woman's suffrage and talk about others involved. I felt like she was talking about a lot of other activists and not at all talking about her artistic process. I wanted to know more about her choice of material, how she got the telephone poles in the museum, things like that. She seems to be of the mentality that her writing and her art are the same. I have to say, I walked away from the lecture more disgruntled and uninformed than ever before. She was an eloquent speaker, I just wanted to hear about her artwork!!!

No comments: