Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ginger Wolfe Suarez

So I watched the video of Ginger Wolfe Suarez's lecture, however the audio tracking was scratched, so I only heard about every other few seconds. What I gathered from what I could hear is that she really likes other artists a lot, and that she really doesn't have much to show of her own work. I already knew this from having worked at the art museum all semester and seeing her "work" in the gallery every week. Most of it is appropriated historical pieces, and what is her own is not of much interest to me. I think her position that she takes to bring light to these historical political events, like the suffrage movement, is necessary. However, I feel that she should steer clear of labeling herself an artist, and stick to calling herself an activist.

No comments: