Sunday, December 7, 2008

Faviana Rodriguez lecture

Last but not least (sorry to have dumped all these in one day!). I also was able to watch the video of Rodriguez’ lecture. I had looked at her work online, but it was great to get to hear her speak about her images, where they came from and their effect. I love that she uses her work to send a message not from a gallery, but through the public and public space. I was also excited about the conceptual website she created pulling images based on data ‘representing’ perceptions and judgments of illegal immigrants. I found her clarity about the connections between her personal self and her political passions and how she represents that in her work inspiring! Also inspiring to me is the range of issues she deals with, her deep understanding about where they are connected, and her ability to educate and motivate others around them.

No comments: